Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rebecca, I'm right there with you. Thanks for posting that as I also have been getting discouraged by the lack of cooperation from the scale. I needed the reminder, but even though my brain knows and even my body feels so much better, I really really want the validation that comes from actual numbers! Like you, I'm not going to give up. My positive input is that even though I haven't lost lots of wieght, I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I definately feel more energetic and halfway through the day I don't feel like I'm dragging myself around anymore most days. My clothes fit better too. My jeans aren't lose, but they are certainly a little roomier than they used to be and that will have to be encouragement enough for now! The numbers will eventually follow . . . at least I can hope that they will!

I think we should all have before and after pictures for when this is over! I think it will be really rewarding to see how far we've come. I took a picture of myself the day before I started and I am taking one once a week for myself to compare, but don't you guys think it would be fun to have a starting and an ending picture of everyone to post at the end of the contest!!!!! Let me know what you think!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you're having success even if it's not hugely showing on the scale. I am so glad you feel better and the clothes fit more comfortably. I keep trying to remember that we have eleven more weeks and with the weekly efforts it will be a bigger difference, so hooray for sticking with it!!! Good work! Thanks for your support and example! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I am all for the pics if everyone else is up for it too! Please tell me it's not a bathing suit picture! Ha. We should have the first picture be without makeup and in our frumpy clothes, and then the second picture all dressed up! Isn't that how they do it in the professional weight loss contests??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun! Just like they do on the "reality shows". And absolutely NO BATHING SUIT PICTURES!!! :) At least not from me, not EVER!!!!! We should do it so we can feel good about how far we've come. It's hard to see it when it is so gradual over time, but the pictures with a ten or twelve week gap would be very rewarding and remind us that the hard times were worth it as we see a healthier and hopefully thinner version of ourselves next to our "old" selves!!!!

    ReplyDelete