Wednesday, January 4, 2012

together

Hi Everyone.

It's Rebecca here. I'm so glad to see Sarah's slick work on the blog! Thanks! And I'm inspired by Joanna and thanks for sharing the good ideas. I am so happy to have so many people willing to pull together so that we can all have the inspiration and support we need to be healthier and more free. SO glad it can be a family thing, and even reaching beyond (welcome to everyone!).

I guess I'll write a bit of my "story." I am happy, challenged, overwhelmed, and grateful to be the mother of 5 children! I was married twelve years ago (WOW) and I have been pregnant or nursing ever since (truly, excepting a month here and a month there), until this last summer when Matt took the kids solo to his parents for the weekend, including little Ruthie who LOVED to nurse (at over 18 months) with the express purpose of weaning her. Thank you MATT! So, my body is finally my own and I'm ready to feel good about it. I started trying to lose weight the end of summer and got 10 pounds off somewhat quickly and then a few more have come off slowly. But I'd lost my drive, until YOU ALL pitched in to get this contest (and support group) going! Thank you all. I'm planning on exercising a lot (so happy to finally be using the treadmill we bought 2 years ago at a garage sale and hauled across the country -- thanks Matt for waiting patiently till the day I started using it) and eating less, except in the FRUITS and VEGGIE category; that is wide open, eat fresh raw stuff plentifully! Not a detailed plan at the moment, so we'll see what transpires.

Best wishes to you ALL! Can't wait to hear from more of you!

1 comment:

  1. i found myself eating carrots out of my pocket today while doing laundry instead of dove's.

    ReplyDelete